First week in the blogosphere and I was actually recognized by one of my blog’s readers as an interesting read by nominating me for the One Lovely Blog Award. It’s beyond my wildest imagination, really. I guess baring my emotions for the past few days have touched and resonated with you and that is really an honor in itself. Having said that, I would like to thank you for considering me worthy of the top 15 blogs you like most Joy of Traveling!
So, let’s go right up to business. As a Nominee, there are a couple of rules to follow.
- Mention and link to the post of the fellow who graced you with the award;
- Feature the award picture on your post;
- Reveal 7 things about yourself ; and
- Nominate 15 blogs you like.
So here are the seven things you may or may not want to know about me:
- I’ve started writing my blog because I am currently inside the zone of inspiration where I’m determined to take permanent residency.
- All the things I write about come from a special place in my heart and from the filing cabinet of memories in my head.
- I am not a hopeless romantic, not yet anyway.
- I do watch romantic movies or chick flicks as they are more popularly known now, but I’ve watched more morbid movies to date.
- Pink is not my favorite color although I don’t assume you’d think that, I’m just saying. FYI, its green.
- As I’ve written in my blog’s Why this? page, which I can’t seem to make visible and accessible, I’ve never been in a committed and romantic relationship.
- My blog is so filled with love, and I mean literally full of the four letter word L-O-V-E, its verging on being flagged as a spam site.
And here, arranged in no order whatsoever, are the top 15 blogs I read and liked so far, it may be a little premature since I haven’t been around that long:
- Oneowner, the pictures are truly captivating seeing that it is a blog dedicated to photography and it is infused with Oneowner’s wit making it, and I quote from the blog, “fact free”.
- Kimberlydefined, ageless stories of being a person.
- Accidentalatheist, a memoir of a former devout Mormon who’s now without religion about his journey throughout and beyond.
- Mybalancedlife, weirdly insightful and funny, stories of misadventures of dating.
- Wordsbecomesuperfluous, posts from a once talkative blogger who promises to use fewer but more inspirational words.
- Tasteoflifebysabi, after reading each post, you’re sure to enter a moment of introspection about life.
- Thisisferg, a beautiful collection of photos. A photography blog recently transformed to ‘blomage’, a blog that pays homage to other blogs ( I hope I got that right).
- Lonevox, undoubtedly one of my favorite blogs yet. It’s simply inspirational with a lot of wit .
- Ermiliablog, a blog of a new sort of duo about books they co-author and much much more.
- Streetification, photography of things on the road or sight you see from the urban roads. There’s also poetry and prose to describe the captured moments.
- And this is kind of embarrassing but I am still completing my fave top 15. :), I’m almost done! Hooray! I promise to send out the notifications when I’m done with this. 😀